- 250g plain sweet biscuits
- 125g butter
- Crush biscuits finely; add melted butter; mix well.
- Press crumb mixture on base and sides of 20cm springform pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- 375g packaged cream cheese
- 3/4 cup cup castor sugar
- 3 teaspoons plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 90g dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur (Tia Maria or Kahlua)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg yolk
- Beat cream cheese until softened; combine with sugar and flour; beat well.
- Beat in eggs, sour cream and lemon juice. Pour half cheesecake mixture into prepared crumb cast.
- Put roughly-chopped chocolate, coffee powder, liqueur, water and lightly-beaten egg yolk in top of double-saucepan; stir over simmering water until chocolate melts and mixture becomes thick. Remove from heat cool slightly.
- Swirl half chocolate mixture gently through cheesecake mixture in crust with small spatula.
- Top with remaining cheesecake mixture; swirl remaining chocolate through top half of cheese-cake.
- Bake in moderately slow oven 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until set. Remove from oven; allow to become cold refrigerate overnight. Remove sides from pan put cheesecake on to serving place; top with prepared cream.
- 3 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Dissolve coffee powder in hot water. Put cream, coffee, and sugar in bowl; refrigerate 30 minutes; beat until thick.