Crescents can be stored in an airtight container for about 3 weeks; they can be frozen for about 2 months. This recipe is not suitable to microwave.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons castor-sugar
- 125g butter
- 1/2 cup packaged ground roasted hazelnuts (hazelnut meal)
- 2 egg yolks
- icing sugar (to serve)
- Sift flour and castor sugar into bowl, rub in butter, mix in hazelnuts & egg yolk.
- Knead lightly on floured surface until smooth.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of mixture into 7cm long sausages, shape into crescents.
- Bake on lightly greased oven trays in moderately slow oven (160 degrees) for about 20 mins or until lightly browned.
- Sift icing sugar over warm crescents, lift onto wire racks to cool.
Makes about 30.