- 20ml oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 8 rashers bacon, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1kg peeled pumpkin, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock powder
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onion, bacon and garlic until onion is cooked through but not browned.
- Add pumpkin and stir through to coat with bacon mix. Add enough water to cover the pumpkin. Sprinkle the stock powder over the water. Boil the water slowly until the pumpkin is soft.
- Allow to cool and then blend the soup until smooth.
- Reheat soup before serving with butter & bread rolls.