- 500g chicken breast
- oil for deep-frying
- 1 tablespoon oil, extra
- 1 small fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 5 green shallots, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornflower, extra
- 2 tablespoons water, extra
- 565g can lychees, drained
- Lightly coat chicken slices with cornflower, shake away excess cornflower.
- Deep-fry chicken slices in hot oil until light golden brown; drain on paper-towel.
- Cook up some rice to serve the meal with (1 cup rice, with 2 cups water is enough for 4 people)
- Heat extra oil in a wok or large frying pan, add chilli, shallots and pepper, stir-fry over high heat for about 3 mins, or until pepper is just soft.
- Stir in combined water, sauce & sugar, bring to the boil, then simmer, uncovered, for 5 mins.
- Blend extra cornflower with extra water, stir into pan, add lychees and chicken, stir over high heat until mixture boils and thickens.
Serve with rice (get this cooking as the chicken is getting finished)